Looking at money, stress levels and what I had already been able to see, I decided to cut my trip short. I re-booked the flight home and left a large layover in Boston. I flew into Boston and took a bus, then a subway into downtown. I took a duck tour on a converted WWII amphibious vehicle that could drive on land and water. Our tour guide was a stand up comedian by night, Duckdriver by day.
I also walked around until it was time to return. I had on a sweater and coat and was carrying my camera and my laptop in my backpack. I felt quite bulky as I hurried about. I was able to see the John Hancock tower, which we studied in school. The windows in it kept falling out. Pretty Exciting. None fell while I was there. I also saw a cool cemetery where Paul Revere, 3 signers of the declaration of independence and Benjamin Franklin's family was buried.
It was a long flight back. The airline shouldn't put garlic in the pita dinners they sell. The garlic permeated the re-circulated air. I watched TV without sound. I made my own commentary in my head to a cooking show. It is amazing how little that lady knew about cooking. I made it home, and slept 10.5 hours straight. Park Street Church: "America" was first sung in this church and speeches for the anti slavery movement were given here.
4 comments:
I think the duck is either Fenway Frannie or Waterfront Wanda.
It is waterfront Wanda.
Love the pictures from this trip! I especially enjoyed the picture of the Granary Burial Ground. Weird...maybe...but at least for a good purpose! ;)
I'm looking through all your posts and just cracking up. I MISS YOU!
Post a Comment