I crossed over the bridge into Prince Edward Island. PEI is divided into three counties: Prince, Queen and King. The Prince is to the northwest, Kings is in the southeast and Prince is in the middle. The bridge takes you to the middle section.
I drove northeast, first. It is mostly farm land and small farm communities. Churches with graveyards next to them are everywhere. I wonder how full they (the churches, not the graveyards) get on Sundays.
I saw a minor lighthouse (Cape Egmont Lighthouse) and a very popular one, (West Point). There were windmill farms on the western side. I drove through the middle on route 2 to Charlottetown. The moon was full and very large on the horizon. With help from a gas station attendant, I found my hotel (Holiday Inn Express). It is very nice. Amy and I stayed in the same kind in Portland. I worked out tonight, then swam. They left a bottle of wine with two glasses on the coffee table in my room for me. How thoughtful.
I am frustrated by the difficulty in getting the pictures I'd like. What I've taken will have to do. They don't really do justice to painting the real picture of the place. It is hard to navigate and drive and find good places to stop. My passenger seat is covered in snacks, maps and camera equipment. I accidentally started chewing on the desiccant pack from my package of beef jerky.
The further east you go, french becomes more prevalent. The signs are mostly in french here.

1 comment:
Every one of your days is so amazing!
Post a Comment