Sunday, February 6, 2011

Fanny Dack


Who is Fanny Dack?

She is buried in a cemetery in Bountiful, UT
From what I've pieced together from the Internet and PAF, Frances (Fanny) Dack Parrish was born on 28 Oct 1795 in Wicklow Co., (Dublin) Ireland. She emigrated from Ireland to Elizabethtown in Ontario, Canada with her family. She was married there in 1820 to Samuel Parrish (she was 25). Missionaries found them in Canada, and they moved to be with the saints in Nauvoo. She was endowed in 1846 (at age 51) in the original Nauvoo temple. She came across the plains in 1847 with the first pioneer groups. They lived in Centerville (Parrish lane in Centerville is named after the Parrishes she married into). She died in 1851 at age 56. How is she related to me? She is Grandma Martineau's Great Great Grandmother, which makes her my Great, Great, Great Great Grandmother.
I took the picture of her headstone today. I had to climb over the little fence around the small cemetery in a dress.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic!