Art Wolfe is a photographer who travels around the world taking photographs of people of different cultures and also wildlife. His show, "To The Edge" takes you on his photo shoots. You get to see how he takes the pictures, then how they turn out. This week I watched one where he visited a nomadic tribe in the mountains of Mongolia. Their basis of subsistance was the domestication of the reindeer. They rode them like horses, and milked them like cows. Pretty interesting. She photo of lady in purple shirt below.





I really like him. His photos are creative and so artistic. He is always so positive and excited to get to interact with different cultures. I think that photography is a form of gratitude. It is an expression of willingness to look for the good in the world. In the effort to capture the moment, we are saying that the moment has value, because it is a gift. People are wonderful, as are all of God's creations.
He makes me nervous when he dangles his camera over the edge of boats.
No comments:
Post a Comment