Last Christmas I digitized some family cassette tapes. Among them was my Uncle John's funeral tape. He died in 1978 when he was just 22 years old. My dad played a song on his viola for the funeral. I have tried to figure out what this song is for a while now. There will be an award for anyone who can correctly identify the song. I've added pictures of John and my dad because you can't upload an audio clip to a blog, but you can upload a slideshow.
3 comments:
I'm looking at a copy of John's funeral program and it has "Oh My Father" as a viola # by Joel. Was that piece for prelude? Where are all the music experts when you need them and that would be Joel, Jane and Grandma Martineau?
Thank you so much for sharing this. How neat to be able to hear this beautiful music played by your father.
Bethany and Scott win. It is Arioso by Bach. Scott took the file to his High Priest leadership meeting, where the high priest group leader, Brian Stucki, identified it.
Post a Comment